Friday, January 13, 2012

HP ProBook 4730s Keyboard Not Working - How to Fix It

I was just working on an HP ProBook 4730s and the keyboard stopped working. None of the keys worked. I figured maybe I had hit the Alt key and some other key and inadvertantly changed a setting.

I went to another computer and looked up keyboard settings and fixing a broken keyboard, keyboard not functioning, etc..

I don't know what caused the problem, but it was really simple to fix. If this happens to you, shut off the computer, unplug the AC cord and remove the battery for a couple of minutes. I don't know why, but it worked. I am typing again.





5 comments:

  1. I've had the same thing happen with my three week old ProBook 4430s. I think it is caused by static electricity buildup, because I've also shut off my ProBook about 10 times when I sit down at my desk and touch it and I can feel the shock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, i was asked to fix this problem on ProBook 4430s and as i dont windows that much i had no idea what was the problem. But i took the battery out put it back in and turned the computer on and it was fine, just like you said it worked no problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have saved me :-) . Thanks!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hp probook 4520s keyboard not working I remove the battery n others output devices for about 10minute it's still not working somebody help pla

    ReplyDelete